My friend Candace is pretty much a Pie Queen!! She had been talking about making pies for Thanksgiving and I mentioned I didn't know how to make a pie crust from scratch that tasted good and she said come over she was showing a few girls how to do it...and so I did. We...Candace, Marcie, Lorilyn and Brittnie...started out on Tuesday night making the pie crusts so they could get cold over night in the fridge. Then Candace, Marcie, Lorilyn and I wrapped up on Wednesday by actually making the pies. All in all we made the crust for 17 pies and rolled out and baked 12 pies! I made a pecan, pumpkin, coconut cream and banana cream pie!! Candace makes the BEST Pecan Pies ever so we used her recipe and it was heavenly!!
Thanksgiving Day was really great because my Grandma Rachel came over to spend it with my Dad since it was his birthday that day and we were all soo happy to see her since we don't get to very often any more. We had a really nice time visiting and eating the wonderful dinner and finally it was the moment of truth....pie time! My fingers were crossed and breath held......and......everyone loved the pies!! YEA!! I hope Candace does Pie Class again next Thanksgiving because I need a refresher already and mostly because it was fun!!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Feast Your Eyes On This.......
Labels:
Thanksgiving 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment