Saturday, October 16, 2010

Infinite Hope......T.O.F.W...........

Time Out For Women (T.O.F.W.) is described as a full weekend of inspirational messages and music. That is a perfect description for it too!!My friends Carrie,Vicki and I went together. Neither one of them had been before so they didnt know what a great treat they were in for! I couldnt have asked for better friends to go with.
The 2010 theme for T.O.F.W. was Infinite Hope! They had many speakers but the one who stood out in my mind the most was Mariama Kallon from war-torn Sierra Leone. She says:
"If it wasn't for hope, I wouldn't have been able to be here with you. Hope is the reason I am here."
Her story was inspirational and to read some of it here is a link:
http://www.mormontimes.com/article/696/Hygiene-kit-gave-hope-in-war-torn-Sierra-Leone
She talked about the personal hygeine kits the church has assembled and donated throughout the world and how when receieving one it was a life changing event and the importance it was to her as she struggled to stay alive in Sierra Leone before making it to America. They had tables set up for a "day of service" to assemble kits. At each stop of the 2010 Time Out for Women tour across America, donated items were assembled into "hope kits" and then given to local women's charities.
I enjoyed listening to Brad Wilcox former seminary teacher and mission president speak also. He has been involved with E.F.Y.(Especially For Youth) for years and after listening to him I can see why that program runs so well for our youth. He says "I wanted to be able to give women the same experience that young people get at EFY."
DeAnne Flynn a mother of seven spoke and had to say "the ultimate patterns are laid out in the gospel, in Jesus Christ's example, in the scriptures". She said sometimes parents might fall short of the kind of parents they long to be. But unless they make a concerted effort — unless they identify and try to align their lives with good patterns — it will be difficult to consistently change.
There were many other speakers but these were a few of my favorites!
We also had great music from Mercy River and Dallyn Vail Bayles.It was a super great girls weekend that I hope to do again! I love my girlfriends they are awesome!

No comments: