Sunday, December 21, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

This Thanksgiving we got together with my Dad's side of the family. My dad only has one sister my Aunt Nancy. She has one son and one daughter and a step son too. So it is not a big gathering like my Mom's side of the family where it seems like we are related to half of Mesa. Anyways we all get together every few years and it is nice to reconnect and catch up and see everyone. We gather at their church (Grandma, Aunt Nancy and cousin Tania's) in Mesa. We divide up the responsibilities so that not everyone has the burden of doing everything. It is nice having it at their church because it has a kitchen to cook in and a playground for the kids to play. Sadly I didn't get as many pictures as I thought I had. Here is my Mom and my cousin Tania cooking up some delicious food for our feast. My cousin Tania is the cousin I remember spending the most time with growing up. That was fun times back then!!

They always set up the kid table with something to do. The kids were coloring their pictures and visiting when my brother Eddie came to check in on his lil guy Chance who was at the table with Carter, Emily, Meagann, Bailey and Caleb. Carter is under the table hiding from Eddie because....................

I don't know the full story but Eddie's shiny bald head must have held Carter's attention because he reached over with his green marker and marked on it!! So of course Uncle Eddie had to hold him upside down and give a pink belly and torture him for a bit.

It was so great that my Grandma Rachel was available to make it. We had not seen her in awhile.

At first Walker and Kenna didn't want to talk to her but Grandma Rachel played with them. She was following them around and they were play scaring each other. Walker and Kenna LOVED it they would run round and round "scared" and screaming. Cooper even got in on it too. I remember Grandpa playing checkers and Uno with us and Grandma being silly and fun and taking us for walks along the canal or walks up to the K Mart.




All in all it was a nice Thanksgiving day.

No comments: