Friday, August 7, 2009

Father's Day 2009



So a few years ago while Visiting Teaching a friend of mine in my old ward she showed me the cutest idea her Daughter in law had done for Father's day. I have wanted to recreate it ever since and this year as I was browsing other blogs and saw other people doing it for Fathers Day too I knew this was the year to finally do it. So I made the signs up while Rob was sleeping and hid them in my purse (thank goodness for a big purse) then the next day I got the kids gathered and told them we were taking pictures because we have so many empty walls in our house and I wanted more of their pictures on my walls which was in part the truth! We drove around for a lil while looking for a good spot and as I drove I told the kids what we were really doing and they were so very excited!! I reminded them it was a surprise for Dad and not to tell him when we got home. I had waited till the last minute because they can't keep a secret but I am happy to say that this year they kept it for the whole 2 days leading up to Father's Day!! So I got the pics I wanted then put them in the following order in one long black 6 opening collage frame!








Rob really liked it and thought the idea of it was really fun and cool. I am so lucky to have him as a husband and the father of my kiddos. He is a great Dad and a great example to the boys. We love you Daddy!!!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

That is a great idea, not to mention a heart jerker

Carrie Allen said...

Way too cute!!