As usual for Christmas we did our traditional Christmas Eve get together with my side of the family. We went to my Mom and Dad's house and we had a nice simple potluck dinner of soups, salads and breads. We ate and visited for awhile. Then we opened our presents from Grammie and Papa. They decided this year to get everyone books. So with the age span and interest being varied the books ranged from ABC's, Cooking, Gardening, Jane Austen (complete collection), Astrology, Fossils, Guitar, Animals, Comics, Jokes etc.....
On our way home we looked at Christmas lights.
Christmas morning donned bright and early! As usual Rob makes the kids wait awhile before they wake me up so I can get some time to sleep-in a lil more since I'm up late getting things prepared the night before. The kids really seemed happy with the things they got this year. As usual I didn't get many pictures. I am not a morning person!
Kenna got a new baby doll. She named her Keesha. She loved that the dolly came with a lil doggie purse that is just like her lil Gymboree doggie purse.
She was thrilled to get a stroller to push her Babies in and also have her brothers push her around in too!!
Walker enjoyed opening his presents. His favorites were his Nintendo DS Lite with Lego Star Wars game and a new Blue Blanket.
Carter was thrilled with everything as usual. He is pretty easy to get a gift for but at the same time hard to shop for. It is easy because he likes anything but yet hard because he isn't really into anything specific.It is his easy going nature I guess. His favorite thing was his Nintendo DS Lite too.
Cooper liked the variety of things he received. He got a book he had been asking for that made his day! He got a book called "The Dangerous Book For Boys" and the board game to go along with it and it has his interest. He wants us to play it Monday for family night. He also enjoys his Nintendo DS Lite and playing with his sister with her Lego's(she got Legos because her Daddy pointed out to me to pickup some GIRL Legos since we didn't have any!!)
Tanner was happy he got a Zune and new headphones like he asked for. He is pretty easy to shop for but he is a teenager and they are expensive!
Rob and the boys got me a new camera for Christmas so that I finally have one of my own. It is a Nikkon CoolPix S550. It is a 10.0 megapixels and it has way to many features on it for me who is technology challenged!! So after I learn how to use it I should be able to update my blog with new pictures and post more often.(that is the thought at least!)
After present time I went and got the ham going for our Christmas lunch. My Mom and Dad came and we had the traditional Christmas ham dinner. Everything tasted so delicious and it was nice to have my parents over. My kids are always so thrilled when they find out their Grammie and Papa are coming. They are the only grandparents they have besides Rob's step dad Papa Tony in Oregon who they adore and they talk to weekly and send emails to but it is not the same as physically being around them. Anyways all in all it was a nice day to spend with family and remember the true meaning of CHRISTmas is the birth of our Savior and the sacrifice he made for each and everyone of us.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Merry Christmas 2008
Labels:
what a xmas to remember.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Happy Belated Christmas. Everyone looks very Happy!
ahhh... bonnie I am so happy I can blog-stalk you!!!
Post a Comment